Here are things we learned this weekend…
1. When the kids ask for you to get a boogie board down in the garage in April, you better ask, “What for?”
2. Do not search for “bedtime stories about birds migrating” to read to your kid in bed, without first reading the story. This makes for explanations that take far longer than bedtime story.
“To hell with your city, I am back to the forest on my own – said the forest sparrow that befriended first with the city sparrow in the forest.
We too shall follow you – yelled the all other forest sparrows.”
3. April is too early to get out the blow up water slide, even if it is 83 degrees. I just added an extra month of drying, folding, packing, raking, and MUD to my life.
4. If you set the bowl of Doritoes on the porch SOMEBODY is going to put their foot in it.
(as if I am fast enough to get a picture of THAT)
5. When finally leaving your house to get take out at 8:00pm to feed your family, check the top of your car for your neighbor BOYS iphone 4S.
7. Do not confuse the words cocky and melancholy because your mom will probably put you into a new school by Monday.
8. If you blow up a water slide…they will come.
9. If you blow up a water slide you better have a good selection of wine for the Mammas that come too.
10. We are going to have to learn to love, at least one, Canada Goose in our backyard…
Little guy was abandoned by his flock and another flock was beating him up all day and pecking him. The boys waited a long time before finally swimming out to the island to bring him back. The said they named him, “Lucky Duck.” I reminded them he was a goose. They told me his first name is “Lucky” and his last name is “Duck” and since they were his “new mom” now, they can name him what they want, (say a little prayer for me tonight.)
Mother Nature was probably doing “her thing” because the little guy has a bad leg.
The kids went to school and I was left with taking care of him and feeding him until we found someone who can rehab him, properly.
He flips over and likes his belly rubbed. He makes a purring sound and you can see his eyes close. What am I doing???!!! I am at war with these beasts who crap all over my yard! I buy fake coyotes to stare at them from our lawn!
Lilly, does not understand why we are “sleeping with the enemy.” Lucky Duck got to sleep inside the laundry room. It was NOT dying on my watch. I would have never gotten my kids to school and it’s Monday and I REALLY, REALLY need them to go to school!
This is where Lilly went after “Lucky Duck” bit her in the nose. Ugh…why didn’t I get a picture of that?! Look BEHIND the chair.
Look at Lilly licking her lips thinking about how delicious Lucky Duck would be.
Here is Lilly telling me how good she is and how she deserves to cuddle with this little fluff ball.
And…GOT IT THIS TIME! There is Lucky Duck reminding Lilly that ALL Canada Geese, even the little ones, run this property.
Here is Lilly realizing that it is better to just observe while waiting for the neighbor to take him off. We made a deal. I would keep him for the night and the other mom would run him to the right office today. We had a slew of kids here that played all day. I got a text message from a mom asking how “Lucky” was because her son was so distraught falling asleep that poor little “Lucky” might not make it.
“Lucky Duck” is at a Vet that is an avian wildlife licensed rehabilitation expert. Or, the neighbor just told me that when driving off with him in the tote. Either way I have photos to show the boys after school and now all I have to go feed are a dozen bullfrog tadpoles, some hermit crabs, turtles and a frog. Lilly is off eating her kibble but dreaming of goose nuggets.
Click the “Follow Me” button and I will keep you updated on “Luck Duck” and hopefully make you smile, laugh, think, love, cry or cry laughing.
- Heading Out… (allthatmakesyou.com)
“Step away from the dogs mamma! She is my mamma now!”
Seriously, she likes to be held. This was her telling my phone to “go away!”