I love that Twitter is trending #ThingsEveryMomSays because if gives me a chance to share one of my favorite quotes my crazy mom used to say…
“Honey, I HAD you to do the dishes. You should be thanking the dishes. It is because of the dishes you exist.”
Every year I think my mother was smarter than the year before.
Here is a story about my mom called “Back Back Before You Could Just Go And Buy Boobies” that includes the obvious mention of boobs and chicken poop and how you can use one to get the other.
Recently, when asking one of my 12 year olds to empty the dishwasher, he replies with, “I’ll give you $20 to do it for me mom.”
I say, “That is terrible. What would I be teaching you if I were to say yes?”
My 12 year old replies, “OK, fine $40.”
Now I am thinking I may just take his money to teach him a whole new lesson. I turned around and shot him a look, completely accidental, and he began unloading. Lesson learned…12 year olds these days have too much cash.
- When they were little they would sneak and “wash” the dishes!
- -Abbie, allthatmakesyou.com
Follow us for…
- Ten Things I Learned at BlogHer 2012 (allthatmakesyou.com)
- How to Get the Most into Your Dishwasher to Get the Most Out of It (samsung.com)
- thing I like: soup plates (notmartha.org)
- “That is Because Their Parents Don’t Love Them.” (allthatmakesyou.com)
- Our Most Embarrassing School Art, To Date Anyway (allthatmakesyou.com)
- Dish Suds, Domestic Disasters, and P&G Deals For You (amommystory.com)